Expressmaint.sql - dump to UNC?

Jul 30, 2008 at 10:38 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2008 at 10:44 AM
Hi there

I'm still using the old 2004 version of expressmaint, saw that it has been updated a few days ago.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is any way to make the dump to another server, when i try to set @backupfldr to '\\server2\folder' i get an error, when i map \\server2\folder to m: and try to set @backupfldr to 'm:\' i get an error

Msg 50000, Level 16, State 1, Server DB-SQL1, Procedure expressmaint, Line 165
The folder n:\ does not exist on this server

SQL-server isn't logging this error, i get it in the output logfile from expressmaint.

I just thought i should ask here before i started writing a script to pull the dumps to server2, instead of using expressmaint to not only put the dumps on server2 but also manage the versions.

Could i perhaps just comment out the "does this file/folder exist"-check and hope for the best?

Windows Server 2008 x64
Microsoft SQL 2005

** edit
oops, i didn't even understand what "issue tracker"-ment :/
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2008 at 9:59 PM
What you need to do is make sure that the SQL Service account (the account which will actually create the backup file) has read/write access to the remote share and use a UNC path (a mapped drive won't work because you're mapping the drive under your account but the SQL Service account won't know about it). You shouldn't have to change the stored procedure.